Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Transformation that Guru Raghavendra Swamy brought in me


I have been thinking about writting this blog since yesterday. While thinking about this, it also showed the kind of transformation that has happened in my life since I started to follow and pray to our Guru.

As I mentioned in my earlier blog, I started to workship our Guru Baghavan Raghavendra Swamy since Feb 2009.  It was one of the toughest year ( 2008 and early 2009) in my life where everything and whatever I do goes the other way both in personal and professional life. Lot of things changed since I started praying to our Guru, learned and spent more time to know his life and miracles he had performed towards his devotees & followers.

There were 2 things that happend after I started praying to our Guru. One is most of the bad phases of my life went away from me and this is exactly why everyone goes to temple and prays to GOD. But the 2nd thing and most important thing that I felt was the transformation that has happend in me as a person and as a human being.

Before being a devotee to our Guru, I was more of normal human being. I do not have any bad habits ( like smoking or drinking) but then I did had a normal human nature of being selfish, only thinking about me,
not a truly honest person , survival of the fittest, jelous on others, going behind monetary benfits and materialistic things.

I was never a very serious spiritual person. But after these 3 years when I sit and think about me, there has been so much of transformation in me which has happened without my knowledge and only because of our Guru who wanted me to change.

The changes that I noticed in me was

- I was never a selfish person like before. Whatever I get, even a small thing I usually take it with me even though it was not useful to me. At those days, my thinking will be that though it is not useful now, this will be useful in future like more stocking up of things. Now whatever I have, without knowingly I try to share with everyone and only take the left over with me if is really needed to me.

- I have never known me to be such a honest person in my life. In early days even if I say something people around me will not trust me until I make a promise. Within me, even if I make a promise it does not warrant me to follow it. But now, I am not making so many promises that I did early and also people around me trust me on what I say because of me sticking to it these days. I also reduced the promises that I make and If I make any promises I really make sure to follow it by any means. But still I do tell lies to avoid issues.  This is something I wanted to change and will definitely change in due course

- I have became so spirtual person and I receite Guru's name and stotra most of the time when I am idle. Even though I perform other activities but my mind has been reciting Guru's name and stotras.

- Important change that I released in me was jelous on others. usually if something best happens to others that
will really affect me in the past and my mind will be thinking of it. But now, my mind has been so clear and changed, I feel happy for good things happening for others. This is the best transformation that has happened in my life and  I really know how good and difficult to change this habit / thinking.

- The second best transformation that has happened in my life was not being distracted by any external pressures. Even if good thing or bad thing happens, I not getting too exicted or worried. I do  get excited and worried but earlier stages the phases of excitement and worry was a prolonged one, but now it is more of a small in nature and I take it to the lotus feet of our Guru.

- Materialistic things had attracted a lot ( money, entertainment etc). But this has changed a lot in me as a person and my mind is pretty much occupied by spiritual thoughts.

When I sit and think about the changes in me, the list keeps on growing like I have drastically reduced my emotions, doing more of a self realization etc.

These are all possible only because of Guru Baghavan Raghavendra Swami. He has done all this to me and helped me to be a better person in life. Whatever I am today is because of our Guru and each and every moment of my life is arpanam to our beloved Guru Baghavan Raghavendra Swami.

[ஸ்ரீ கிருஷ்ணார்ப்பணம் ]

No comments:

Post a Comment