Sunday, May 15, 2011

Life History of Baghavan Guru Raghavendra Swamy - Series 2 - Hiranyakashipu


The list of Incarnations of our Baghavan are
SanghuKarna
Prahalatha
Bahlika Raja  ( Dwapara Yuga)
Vyasaraja and
Baghavan Raghavendra Swamy

There is also a saying there is one more incarnation between Sri Prahalatha & Vyasararaja namely Bahileka Raja in Dwapara Yuga, however I am trying to find more information on this. Once I get the details, I will update the series accordingly.

As per the punishment from Lord Brahma, SanghuKarna was born in Asura family in Kritya yuga. He was born in the Hiranyas family. ( Hiranyakashipu and Hiranyaksha)

These two were born to Diti (daughter of Daksha Prajapathi) and sage Kashyapa. It is said that asuras were born to them as a result of their union at the time of dusk, which was said to be an inauspicious time for such a deed

As per baghavata purana, both these Hiranyas were once gate keepers for Lord Vishnu namely Jaya & Vijaya. There were ended up in the asuras family because of the curse from Lord Brahma's kumaras namely Sanaka, Sanatana, Sanandana and Sanatkumara.

These four kumaras are the highest of sages who were born from the mind of Lord Brahma.

Hiranyakashipu is one of the asuras who has ruled the asuras dynasty. He was very angry with Lord Vishnu and his only aim was Lord Vishnu. He know that he cannot do it without good boons. He went ahead and did a penance to propitiate Lord Brahma and gain a boon from him like other rakshasas. Lord Brahma was very happy with this and he appeared before Hranyakashipu and requested him what he want. He rightaway asked him that he should not have death. Lord Brahma replied that "whoever is born in the earth should face the death one day, so ask me someother boon".

Hiranyakashipu was waiting for this turn and he rightaway asked the boon that he had planned ahead of time. He asked that
"Grant me that I not die within any residence or outside any residence, during the daytime or at night, nor on the ground or in the sky. Grant me that my death not be brought by any being other than those created by you, nor by any weapon, nor by any human being or animal. Grant me that I not meet death from any entity, living or nonliving. Grant me, further, that I not be killed by any demigod or demon or by any great snake from the lower planets. Since no one can kill you in the battlefield, you have no competitor. Therefore, grant me the benediction that I too may have no rival. Give me sole lordship over all the living entities and presiding deities, and give me all the glories obtained by that position. Furthermore, give me all the mystic powers attained by long austerities and the practice of yoga, for these cannot be lost at any time"

Lord Brahma granted this wish to Hiranyakashipu. With this Hiranyakashipu was very happy and he went ahead and ruled the entire ausras dynasty. Evenone feared about him and this further added fuel to his thoughts

In next series we will see why Hiranyakashipu wanted to fight with Lord Vishnu.

[ஸ்ரீ கிருஷ்ணார்ப்பணம் ]

No comments:

Post a Comment